Communication between patient and caregiver is vital and when that ability to communicate is lost or impaired by illness, trauma, medical process or language barriers, communication is more vital!
For these reasons author, Joan Green and illustrator, Linda Comerford, with the help and guidance of professional, hands-on nurses and speech pathologists have produced the finest, most thorough, ready-made communication board available on the market today!
Meant for use in hospitals, rehab units, acute care, emergency rooms, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, clinics, hospice care and in the home.
1. pain scale for determining where and how bad one hurts
2. 68-clear, 4-color pictures depicting wants, needs, ailments, comforts, questions, emotions, etc.
3. easy to understand instructions for patient response alternatives
4. Alphabet for spelling out words
5. numbers for numerical information
1. helps ease patient distress
2. easy to understand and use
4. disposable for infection control
5. inexpensive and ready-made
6. Adaptable- can be folded, cut or written on